If you do not agree with the practices we have described in this Policy, please do not share your personal information with us. By sharing your personal information with us by using our Website, you agree to our use of your information as described in this Policy.
- Personal data that we collect
- How we collect personal information
- How we use personal information
- Sharing personal information
- Your options and legal disclosures
- How we secure personal information
- Links to other sites
- Contact us
Personal data that we collect
The categories of information we collect are:
- Contact information, including your name, address, phone number, mailing and email addresses.
- Purchase and related transaction information, including billing and shipping addresses, payment method (debit or credit card number), items purchased, items altered, or custom made (including measurements), order status, and related contact information.
- Profile and account information, including contact information, purchase information, product, and communication preferences, account credentials, information about Wish List items, items in your online shopping cart or those saved for future purchase, registry information and product review information.
- Information you share during communications and interactions with us, which may include the content of email messages, chat sessions, text messages, and phone calls.
- Demographic information, which may include age or birthdate, gender, ZIP code, and other information about you.
- Voice recordings associated with calls made to our customer care team and information about your call and that you share when you call us on the phone.
- Location or geolocation information including device ID and device location information when using our website (if your device settings permit us to collect this information).
- Device and Internet browsing information, including information about your browsing activity, IP address, unique device identifiers, cookie identifiers, device and browser settings and information, and Internet service provider information. We may also collect information about when and how you access and use our Websites, such as the date and time of your visit or use, the websites visited before and after visiting our Websites, how you navigate and what you search for on the Websites, the pages visited on the Websites, items you view, and the items you purchase.
- Inferences about or derived from any of the information above that may relate to your preferences or other matters.
Our Site is for individuals who are at least 13 years old
MJOutfits does not knowingly request or collect personal information from anyone younger than 13 years old without prior consent from a parent or legal guardian. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you believe your child under age 13 has submitted personal information to MJOutfits without prior parental or legal guardian consent so that we can take steps to delete the information.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in various ways. For example, when you send us postal mail, email our customer care team, fill out a form on our Website, or place an order through the Website, we collect your information directly. We may also collect your personal information indirectly through automated means, for example, when you interact with our Website, we may use technologies to collect information about how you use the Website. We may also receive information about you from third parties including from Google Analytics, social media platforms or from our advertising partners.
We collect personal information when you provide it
We may collect personal information directly from you or your device as follows:
- When you register for a MJOutfits account, it is necessary for you to provide personal information that includes your name and email address. You may choose to provide us with additional personal information, including billing, mailing, and shipping addresses, phone number, and a payment method (e.g., credit card). If you make purchases through the Website, you will also create a username and password, information that on subsequent visits helps us confirm your identity and makes it easier for you to make purchases on our Website.
- Transaction data, when you make payments to, get refunds from, or begin a purchase, we will receive transaction data. The “Transaction Data” that we collect includes Personal Data, and may include the following: your name, email address, billing address, shipping address, payment method information (such as credit or debit card number, bank account information or payment card image selected by you), merchant and location, purchase amount, date of purchase, and information about what you have purchased and your phone number.
- When you shop with us, through the Website, we store your browsing history, what you searched for, including when you use our style personalization tools, what you have saved for later, and when you ask us to notify you about items that go on sale or come back in stock and what you bought (if you make a purchase).
- Communication and Engagement Information. We will collect any information you choose to provide to us, for example, through support tickets, emails or social media. When you respond to our emails, we collect your email address, name and any other information you choose to include in the body of your email or responses. If you contact us by phone, we will collect the phone number you use to call MJOutfits, as well as other information you may provide during the call. We will also collect your engagement data such as your registration for and other interaction with MJOutfits personnel.
We collect personal information from third-party sources
To better understand your preferences, operate our business, and provide you with products and services we believe you will love, we may receive your personal information from the following third parties:
- Online social networks if you follow MJOutfits on social media sites, for example, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or Pinterest. We may collect personal information when you communicate with us within the social media sites or use functionalities, plugins, widgets, or tools from social media platforms or networks in connection with our Website (e.g., to log into an account, or to share inspiration, finds, purchases, and other content with your friends and followers on social media) or when you click “Share This” or “Like” buttons. We think it is important to point out that if you make a post on a social media site, such as on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest, or identify us in your social media feed by tagging us using a hashtag (#) or “at” (@), your personal information may be publicly available and is subject to the privacy policies of those social media sites. We recommend you review the privacy policies of any third-party sites you visit to understand the data collection and practices of those third parties.
- Third-party service providers that support our business, including companies that help with our marketing efforts, analytics providers, advertising networks and cooperatives, third parties that share information with us about the different devices you use online, and other third parties that we collaborate or work with.
We collect personal information using automated technologies
Personal information is also collected through automated technologies and shared with us when you visit our Website open an email, or click on one of our advertisements.
We automatically create website log files, which are created when you access our Website. In addition, automated data collection technologies – such as cookies, beacons, tags, software development kits (SDK), and scripts – are used by us to analyze trends, administer the Website, and track users’ movements around the Website. We, and our third-party service providers, also use these technologies to gather demographic information about our user base as individuals and in the aggregate.
A “cookie” is a small text file that is stored on an individual’s computer and downloaded to the computer or mobile device when they visit a website. Cookies then send information back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that same cookie. We use the following types of cookies:
- Essential Cookies are required to make our Websites function properly and cannot be turned off in our systems. If you block these cookies, portions of our Website may not function properly.
- Performance and Functional Cookies allow us to count visits and sources of traffic on our Websites so we can measure and improve performance and functionality. They help us know which pages of our Website are most and least popular, and how visitors move around the Website.
- Targeted Advertising Cookies may be set through our Website by our advertising partners. They may be used by advertising companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant advertisements on other websites.
- Social Media Cookies allow you to share information using social media sharing buttons on social networks like Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, or Twitter. This information may then be used by the social media network to deliver targeted advertising to you.
We may combine information collected automatically (as described above) from your interactions with our Services and your activity on third-party sites with other data (including personal information).
If you wish to opt out of allowing certain cookies, you may do so by changing your browser settings so that cookies from our Website cannot be set (see the “Interest-Based Advertising” in the “Your options” section below for your options). Please note that if you delete, block, or otherwise restrict cookies, or use a different computer or Internet browser, you will need to renew your cookie management choices.
How we use personal information
We use personal information, including information that we combine from your interactions with our Website, your device, or third parties, to conduct our business and to provide you with the best possible products, services, and experiences. We know your personal information is important to you, so we want to be transparent about how we use that information. Here the ways we use your personal information:
- To provide you access to the Website, including to service your account(s) and maintain the security of both.
- To provide you with products and services, including to fulfill your orders, process your payments, and provide you with products and services that we think you will like.
- To respond to or notify you, including when you place an order, reach out to us with a comment, request, or question, emailing, texting or calling you about products and services you have asked about or purchased, to let you know when an order or alteration is ready, and to let you know an item is back in stock.
- To personalize your experiences with us, including to remember your interests and preferences, customize the products and services we share with you, track and categorize your activity and interests on the Website, including identifying and linking the different devices you use, and to enrich your experience on the Website.
- For analytics, including to understand how you use our Website, how you shop with us, the methods, and devices you use to access our Website, and to make improvements to our Website.
- For business purposes, including to operate and improve our business and business activities, for research, to maintain our programs, accounts, and records; to understand your satisfaction with our products and services including the Website; to detect and prevent fraud or misuse of our services; and for any other business purpose permitted by law.
- For legal and safety purposes, including to defend or protect us, you, our customers, or third parties, from harm or in legal proceedings; maintain the security of our customers, employees, and property; respond to court orders, lawsuits, subpoenas, and government requests; address legal and regulatory compliance; and notify you of product recalls or safety issues.
Sharing personal information
We engage third parties to perform services in connection with the operation of our business. Examples of these services include payment processing and authorization, fraud protection and credit risk reduction, product customization, order fulfillment and shipping, website evaluation, data analysis and, where applicable, data cleansing. We provide personal information to these third parties, but we authorize them to use this information only in connection with the services they perform.
Your options and legal disclosures
We recognize that you want choice not only in the products and services we offer but also in how your personal information is used and shared. We currently offer the following choices and options:
- Viewing your personal information. You can access your name, email address, billing address, shipping addresses, payment methods, transaction information (orders, purchases, and returns), and email by logging into your account on the Website.
- Updating your personal information. You can also correct or update your name, email, billing or shipping addresses, and payment methods by logging into your account on the Website. You may also make a request to update your personal information by writing to us at the email specified in the “Contact Us”.
- Interest-based Advertising. To manage your third-party advertising preferences, please visit the National Advertising Initiative Consumer Opt Out page and the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Choice Tool. Please note that even if you opt-out of receiving interest-based advertising, you will still receive advertisements, but they will be more general in nature.
How we secure personal information
Orders placed on our website are encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, the industry-standard authentication and encryption technology, to protect transactions. In order for SSL security to work properly, you must use an SSL enabled browser. Data transmissions over the Internet or any wireless network cannot be guaranteed as completely secure, and you understand through your use of this website that certain Internet security issues are beyond our control.
We have implemented industry-accepted administrative, physical, and technology-based security measures to help protect against lost, misuse and alteration of your personal information in our possession and under our control. We ensure that our employees, contractors, and third-party service providers who have access to personal information in our systems acknowledge their obligations and commit to safeguarding that information.
Please note that email is not encrypted and is not considered a secure means of transmitting sensitive information, including credit card numbers. We will never ask for sensitive information via email, and if you receive an email that appears to be an email from MJOutfits requesting sensitive information, do not respond, as this might be a scam designed to steal such information.
Links to Other Websites
Rights Under the California Consumer Privacy Act
The California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”) provides California residents with certain rights regarding their personal information that is collected by businesses, including the right to request information regarding the collection, use, sale, and disclosure of their personal information, the right to request the deletion of their personal information, and the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information.[BRAND] has decided to allow all of its customers, regardless of where they reside, to make the same requests. This section provides information about the CCPA and about the type of personal information [BRAND] collects and shares with other companies. It also explains how you can make requests to MJOutfits regarding your personal information. Any terms defined in the CCPA (Cal. Civ Code § 1798.140) have the same meaning when used in this section.
Updates to this policy